The Education Agent Training Course (EATC) is a product of a wide-ranging consultative process, which has sought input from stakeholders across all sectors and States and Territories throughout Australia.
In the development of the EATC, PIER kindly acknowledges the support of:
- Australian Education International (AEI).
- Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).
- TAFE Directors Australia (TDA).
- Universities Australia(UA, formerly known as AVCC)
- Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET).
- Australian Council of Independent Vocational Colleges (ACIVC).
- Independent Schools Council of Australia (ISC).
- English Australia (EA).
- ISANA: International Education Association Inc.
- HigherEd Consulting (Australasia).
Invited registered migration agents and practicing education agents participated in a pilot of the EATC in both Sydney and Melbourne in November 2005 . Their feedback has helped shape two units "Working effectively in International Education" and "Professional Standards and Ethics" and has assisted in testing the capability of the web based tutorials and assessments.
These initial pilots have been followed by a series of offshore pilots, in China (March) and India (May) in 2006. Those education agents have also provided invaluable feedback on the efficiency and nature of web based tutorials and assessments.
Such an important project has required careful and considered consultation, and PIER would like to thank all interested parties for their contribution.